Friday, April 3, 2015

Week 11 Infographics and Diffi Tool






The diffi tool my team and I are going to create is a house with chests. The chests will be filled with weapons and food for students during survival mode. Like the Giver these houses will have tools and food inside of them instead of books. Our idea is for teachers to be able to give students resources during survival mode from both books; Lord of the Flies and Maze Runner. Also if students are getting frustrated with being killed from the monsters in the game, this tool will give them some reassurance and be able to participate. Teachers will have access to the Give setting in the teacher menu, however they might not understand how to use this tool correctly even after watching the training Oltak put together. Ali, Andrea and I are going to create a lot of chests in one house for the teachers. The teachers then can access the tools and food, place them in their inventory and give to the students or place them directly in the students chest. Either way, we hope this tool will help students when they are in survival mode.

Short description of Diffi tool being created 

In a secret location ONLY FOR TEACHERS there will be houses and chests filled with tools and food. If your student is having difficulty creating a tool or making food during Scenario 2 when the world is in Survival mode, you can give them a tool. There is a setting on the teacher menu to "give" tools to students. To make this easier on you, we have created houses and chests for you to teleport yourself to the location, place the tools in your inventory and give them to the student. If this is difficult, another option is to place the tool in your inventory and then place the tool into your students chest. Please do not teleport students to the secret location or let students get tools from the houses. This tool is only to be used for students who are having difficulty making there own tool or cooking food to survive.

3 comments:

  1. I think that this great tools to share with students who need it. It will be very helpful to those students who cannot create tools or cook. I was one of those students when we first started. I remember when Thomas gave me a pick for mining I was very happy. I am sure the kids would be as well. I think the teachers will appreciate this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this great tools to share with students who need it. It will be very helpful to those students who cannot create tools or cook. I was one of those students when we first started. I remember when Thomas gave me a pick for mining I was very happy. I am sure the kids would be as well. I think the teachers will appreciate this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great diffi-tool for the students. I like that the teachers have to hand out the items. You need to allow the kids the opportunity to try and figure it out. But there is a point when they may become overwhelmed or too frustrated to go on without a little assistance. This will help with that regulation. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete