Sunday, April 5, 2015

Reflection week 11

This week was by far the most busiest. Every week is, but a lot of my time went to creating the online training for Oltak.  We designed a course that teachers can take asynchronously. I hope it works. For diffi this week, after reading my peers blogs, I was a lot of differentiation tools for more writing. There were ideas to have students make brochures, write a journal entry about their experience and complete a math activity taking stats on the number attempts it took to solve the other classrooms maze. I'm super excited about this experience. I can't wait to see what the students build. I'm a little worried, because some tools have not been created yet. Thomas had a great idea and thought that it would be best to team up with others. I think this is a good idea. If everyone creates a tool, it will be over load for the teachers. They will have a difficult time remembering which tool goes with which scenario or which tool to use...etc However, if everyone teams up, then there might not be enough tools created and students could lose their interest. I don't think this will happen. I think everyone has created some pretty great tools. Some that will involve the wiki and hopefully have more students use it. Ali, Andrea and I are teaming up again. We are going to create one house instead of three with a lot of chests in them. Last time for the Giver we created three houses, but one house was never used. So we decided to make it easier on the teachers, we're going to have only one house to receive all the tools and food students need to survive. The teachers will be given the Give setting to use in the teacher menu, but our tool should hopefully give them an easier way to give students supplies if they're getting frustrated. I hope our tool gets used. This week Ali, Andrea and I plan on meeting in the world to create the house and start filling the chests for the students to use. We have a lot of work to do and not very much time. It will be another busy week, but if we work as a team, I'm sure we will get it done in time for Survivalcraft to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment