Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 7

This is a video I created for teachers to use during Givercraft. It explains where to find the memories released stations and how to create their own memory book. I have an awesome team with Ali and Andrea. We have created houses and books for teachers to give to students if they can't think of a memory to build.

I think the best way to assess this tool my team has created is to observe the use of books during Givercraft. How many books leave the chests from the teleport station. I thought of reading the students wiki pages and watching to see if any "book was given" to them by their teacher, but I'm not sure how effective that would be. While I don't want teachers to be bombarded with surveys, I think this is the only best tool to use to assess if this idea worked. I will send this video to the teachers directly through the Givercrat Community Google Group. I have mentioned in the video if they have any questions to write in the group. I will also observe how many teachers need assistance with this idea from the group. I think the best result will be from the survey the teachers will complete at the end of Givercraft Scenario 2. I will discuss other ideas with my team and evaluate how our idea worked. Was it effective, did the teacher's use our idea?

3 comments:

  1. Our group talked about using surveys as well. One idea that came up during Twitter was to use just one survey from our class so the teachers don't feel overwhelmed. Doing it this way should also increase teacher participation. Nicole had the idea of posting questions using Kahoot. This would make it more enjoyable for teachers while possibly introducing them to another tool they can use in their classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the one survey from the entire group idea. We can cover every area and are not bombarding them with a ton of surveys. We could use survey monkey, then they could just quickly do it online as well. I think this idea of having memory books is a great idea. I also like the fact that they can also send them to students as needed. I would be that student that reads the book, but puts it back when I am done. So I am not sure how much we could gauge books when they are removed if not all students take them to keep. I love that you made a short video for them, that is always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for creating the video! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete