Sunday, February 22, 2015

Reflection Week 6

Thomas and I just finished presenting Givercraft at ASTE 2015. What a very awesome experience that was. We were able to explain a program that we helped create. It was neat that we could talk about the different differentiating tools that we are creating this time around and also the teacher training. This week I worked extremely hard to create 3 houses in MinecraftEdu and fill them with chests. In each chest were books for students. These books will only be for students who can't think of a memory. I also created a new teleport stations for teachers to find the memories. My hope is students do not find these buildings or the books that I created. I first built houses out of wood, and then realized I needed (with Mia's help during a google impromptu hangout) to build a border. So we had a border built, but then I thought if I have a student that is grieving and wants to break things.... I would not like if my house was broken. So I took the disallow blocks and created  houses out of those blocks. I basically built around the already built houses . If the students want to break the house, they can go inside and break the inside, but the outline will be the disallow blocks.

I posted on my teams blog where to find the memories and asked them to make the rest of the books. I filled up one chest and the other two half way full. With creating the teacher training module for Tuesday and preparing for ASTE it was a lot of work this week. I read through other peers ideas. I liked how Thomas created badges for the students who had the most non grammatical errors during the week. It wasn't finishing the scenario, he really thought outside the box for the students who needed that extra feedback or achievement for a certain part of the activity. While prepping for the ASTE presentation I looked over the other ideas our team had thought of. I like the idea that teachers are going to have a resource they can find and it will be located in the Memories Released station I created. Sunshine's group is creating that differentiating tool.







No comments:

Post a Comment